Grow these beautiful Lion's Mane Mushrooms (Hericium erinaceus) at home in just a few short weeks! These mushrooms grow easily on your kitchen counter, have a delicately meaty texture, and taste delicious. Prepare a gourmet meal for your family with food that you’ve grown yourself! Nature Lion Gourmet Mushroom Grow Kits are made with mycellium in gluten-free natural hardwood and soy hulls.
Nature Lion is based out of Brantford, ON and was created to teach others how to grow their own nutritious food.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GROWING LION'S MANE:
1. Cut out the window on the outer box without damaging the mushroom bag inside. Check the mushroom bag for possible contamination (blue, yellow, or green spots). If you see contamination, DO NOT PROCEED. Please reach out to Nature Lion ASAP with pictures via firstname.lastname@example.org or text 647-449-7396 to get a replacement.
2. Cut out an "X" 1-2 inches in length from the side of the mushroom bag. It's okay to cut into the substrate!
3. Your Lion's Mane Grow Kit should have come with a plastic bag with holes in it. This is your humidity tent. You will need to use this for maintaining humidity without spraying the mushrooms themselves.
4. Mist the inside of the plastic humidity tent (NOT the mushroom grow bag itself) 2-3 times a day to activate the mycellium. Once you see "pins" or mushroom growth, dial back misting to once a day.
4. While your mushrooms are growing, keep them away from direct sunlight. Ambient light is acceptable but not direct light.
5. Lion's mane mushrooms are ready for harvest when the mushroom changes texture from smooth to teeth-like or spiny. As they age, they will also turn slightly yellow from their original whitish-pink colour.
For more information, check out Nature Lion's Grow Guide here.